1. A stout German woman on a riding mower gets the job done remarkably quickly. The way she maneuvers that tractor through the windmill dotted field, you know she trained on the autobahn.
2. A strong headwind pummels exponentially more winged bugs into your helmet. Showering afterwards requires some drain cleaning.
3. When your clients are in a different time zone you get to work at night-- that means you can enjoy the most beautiful part of the day on your bicycle.
4. Said work commitments also mean you can not enjoy the biergartens which appear nearly every mile on the riverfront path.
5. Stop to take a picture of the gorgeous German tulips. If the gardener approaches while you're leaning over her fence, compliment her work no matter how terrible your German is. It will lead you to a lovely conversation, and even if you don't understand it all, your day will be made by her exuberant declarations of what blooms each month in that little patch.